top of page

Gender Marker

At the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you can change your gender marker to reflect your gender identity.  The Form, DL-300 must be filled out by the applicant seeking to change their gender as well as a health care or social services provider who has affirmed the applicant's gender identity.  The applicant has to bring in the form along with their old ID, pay for a new ID, and take a new picture. Note that if the gender marker is already changed on your U.S. passports, birth certificates, or court order; those documents are accepted as proof.  Below is the form.

DMV Sex Designation Form - DL-300  

PDF Version of DMV Sex Designation Form  - DL-300

Be You
bottom of page